Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1467664
RHEV compute resource submission fails on name has already been taken error correction
Last modified: 2017-09-17 05:07 EDT
Created attachment 1294214 [details]
screenshot of error
Description of problem: We are trying to create compute resource with provider RHEV.But at first, we entered name of compute resource which is already exists, so later tried by changing the name of compute resource and found the error as "something went wrong 401 unauthorized".
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 6.3.0
How reproducible: always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Navigate to infrastructure >> compute resource
2. Create compute resource with some name with any provider.ex:"compute1"
3. Try to create again compute resource but with existing compute resource name with provider "RHEV".
4. It will say "Name has already benn taken"
5. Now change the name of compute resource to any name and click submit
It will show error as "Something went wrong 401 unauthorized"
Compute resource should be created.
Created attachment 1294228 [details]
log in production.log file
while performing above steps, open production.log file using command:
tail -f /var/log/foreman/production.log
We can see 500 internal error as in attachment.
Created redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/20452 from this bug
Upstream bug assigned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/20452 has been resolved.
Satellite-6.3 Snap 16
1. Created compute resource with name 'rhev'
2. Tried to create RHEV compute resource with name 'rhev'
3. Error as name has already taken
4. Change name as 'rhev1' and click save.
Successfully saved compute resource after name change.(see attachment for logs)
Created attachment 1326919 [details]
log in production.log file after name already taken