Description of problem:
If you are running a sat 6.2.10 and have a sync running, it may get confused if you restart the Satellite during the run. You'll end up with some sync tasks that do not ever complete, requiring manual intervention.
* kick off a sync on a repo with lots of consumers
* wait for Actions::Pulp::Repository::RegenerateApplicability task to get going, you can watch for this in dynflow console
* run "pkill celery" (not sure if this is needed, it's just how I did it)
* stop and then start services
What will happen is the applicability regen finishes in pulp, but the task group will have some stragglers that never get updated in the mongo DB. This causes Katello to wait forever for the task group to have zero tasks in waiting/running state.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 6.2.10
Here is how I repro'd with a plain pulp 2.8.7:
* POST to https://localhost/pulp/api/v2/repositories/actions/content/regenerate_applicability/ for a big repo with lots of bound consumers.
* you'll get a task group ID back, ensure that if you curl the task group ID's state summary, you get a number that's decreasing
* kill celery (just regular, not -9) and stop and start all pulp services
* watch state summary go down again, it will not quite get to zero, but no tasks will be running
workaround: get the task group ID from the dynflow task output, and delete the task group via pulp API curl command
The Pulp upstream bug status is at NEW. Updating the external tracker on this bug.
The Pulp upstream bug priority is at Normal. Updating the external tracker on this bug.
The Pulp upstream bug priority is at High. Updating the external tracker on this bug.
The Pulp upstream bug status is at ASSIGNED. Updating the external tracker on this bug.
The Pulp upstream bug status is at POST. Updating the external tracker on this bug.
The Pulp upstream bug status is at MODIFIED. Updating the external tracker on this bug.
All upstream Pulp bugs are at MODIFIED+. Moving this bug to POST.
*** Bug 1376821 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
The Pulp upstream bug status is at CLOSED - CURRENTRELEASE. Updating the external tracker on this bug.
(Thanks Chris for the help in verifying this bug)
@ Satellite 6.3 snap 28
1. Create lot of content hosts
2. Create(or Use existing) and attempt to sync a big repository
3. Wait for the ReGenerateApplicability task to appear in Dynflow console for repo sync.
4. Wait for some task to run under task group under RegenerateApplicability
5. As soon as some tasks in running state. kill the celery on sat server, and observe the task is in a suspended state.
# pkill celery
6. Now restart the pulp_workers service.
7. Go back, RegenerateApplicability and check the suspended task should be running
1. The suspended RegenerateApplicability task in running state
2. The count of pending task went down to 0
3. The sync got completed successfully
Hence changing the state to Verified !
Since the problem described in this bug report should be resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a resolution of ERRATA.
> For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated files, follow the link below.
> If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.