Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 146880
Wrong install scripts in gnome-applets-2.9.5-1
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:59 EST
Description of problem:
$rpm -qp --scripts gnome-applets-2.9.5-1.i386.rpm
postinstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):
export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
SCHEMAS="$SCHEMAS charpick.schemas drivemount.schemas geyes.schemas gkb.schemas
gtik.schemas gweather.schemas mailcheck.schemas mini-commander.schemas
mixer.schemas modemlights.schemas multiload.schemas stickynotes.schemas
for S in $SCHEMAS; do
gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule /etc/gconf/schemas/$S > /dev/null
/usr/libexec/gnome-applets/mc-install-default-macros > /dev/null
postuninstall program: /sbin/ldconfig
"modemlights.schemas" file isn't in gnome-applets.
and mini-commander-global.schemas isn't in scripts
$rpm -qpl gnome-applets-2.9.5-1*.rpm | grep modemlights.schemas
$rpm -qpl gnome-applets-2.9.5-1*.rpm | grep mini-dommander-global.schemas
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. rpm -Uhv gnome-applets-2.9.5-1.i386.rpm
mclasen: looks like $SCHEMAS needs to be changed after the upgrade
needs to be removed:
needs to be added:
This is a bug with a pretty long standing. See bug #122379.
I proposed there a simple script modification which can
be easily changed to run through all existing files in
/etc/gconf/schemas/*.schemas and then it will not depend on somebody
remembering to update that list or not. If some exceptions are
needed they are surely easier to handle then a "normal" list.
Yeah, it would be nice if we didn't have to keep the static list of
schemas up to date. The problem is, this is in %post so I don't think
you can easily figure out what .schema files we've just installed.
Probably the only way you could do it is by generating a list of
schemas at build time and including that list in a file in the package
or somehow consulting the rpmdb during %post. With the former, we'd
have a redundant file which would be ugly. And I'm pretty sure you're
not supposed to do the latter.
Should be fixed in 2.9.5-2 which is on its way