_libvirt_ rebased to 3.9.0
The _libvirt_ packages have been upgraded to version 3.9.0, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version. Notable changes include:
* Sparse files are now preserved after moving them to or from another host.
* Response limits for remote procedure calls (RPCs) have been increased.
* Virtualized IBM POWER9 CPUs are now supported.
* Attaching devices to running guest virtual machines, also known as device hot plug, now supports more device types, such as input devices.
* The libvirt library has been secured against the CVE-2017-1000256 and CVE-2017-5715 security issues.
* VFIO-mediated devices now function more reliably.
Both RHEV and OpenStack will like to use new features and APIs provided by libvirt, which are impossible to deliver without rebasing libvirt (there are specific BZs for each of them).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
libvirt >= 3.0.0 (the exact version depends on rebase deadlines)
Jirka, can you please share text for release notes?
Set the bug to verified since the rebase is done.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.