Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 147311
(libdv x86_64) build failure
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:59 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.5)
Gecko/20041216 Firefox/1.0 Red Hat/1.0-13.EL4
Description of problem:
then mv -f ".deps/enctest.Tpo" ".deps/enctest.Po"; else rm -f
".deps/enctest.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
/bin/sh ../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CC
x86_64-redhat-linux-gcc -O2 -g -pipe -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -m64 -Wall
-g -o libdv.la -rpath /usr/lib64 -version-info 4:2:0 dv.lo dct.lo
idct_248.lo weighting.lo quant.lo vlc.lo place.lo parse.lo
bitstream.lo YUY2.lo YV12.lo rgb.lo audio.lo util.lo encode.lo
headers.lo enc_input.lo enc_audio_input.lo enc_output.lo vlc_x86_64.lo
quant_x86_64.lo idct_block_mmx_x86_64.lo dct_block_mmx_x86_64.lo
rgbtoyuv_x86_64.lo encode_x86_64.lo transpose_x86_64.lo -lm
/usr/bin/ld: .libs/vlc_x86_64.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against
`dv_vlc_class_index_mask' can not be used when making a shared object;
recompile with -fPIC
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
(For now backing down to libdv-0.103 so it is ready for FC4test1.)
Ulrich Drepper says:
the message says it all: vlc_x86_64 is compiled without -fpic or, if
it's an asm file, has code which needs to be rewritten
FC3's 0.103-based SRPM rebuilds on dist-fc4, so this may be the result
of upstream's x86-64 changes. Consulting upstream.
I have not had time to review the below yet.
Dan Dennedy said:
Please review this thread:
The patch in the last message of the thread is in libdv CVS. Would you
please either try the patch alone or our CVS?
While I'm certainly no x86_64 expert, the patch
Not important, pushing to FC5.
It was mentioned that we also need this.
After patch hunting for a while, I've rebuilt libdv 0.104 on FC development
x86_64, and the dvgrab testing I did went just fine. Here is a temporary
location to the files I used for my build :
The MMX patch is still the same as for 0.103, but from there, patches from
Gentoo and PLD were added to make it build and optimize on x86_64.
Accepted into rawhide, please be sure that it actually works.
We couldn't remove the Epoch: 0 because beehive doesn't know how to handle the
N-V-R comparison. =(
Tested on my x86_64 FC5test/devel system, and it works fine! Thanks :-)
Zero epochs are bad, zero epochs aree bad, zero epochs are bad...