From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.5)
Description of problem:
When network.enableIDN is set to false in about:config, IDN lookups
will initially fail. When Firefox is stopped and restarted, however,
they will work again, even though the network.enableIDN is still set
See http://www.shmoo.com/idn/ for an example of how this can be used
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start Mozilla Firefox.
2. Type "about:config" into the URL bar.
3. Set network.enableIDN to false.
4. Visit http://www.shmoo.com/idn/ and click on one of the links;
lookup will fail (properly).
5. Close Firefox & restart.
6. Type "about:config" into URL bar; confirm that network.enableIDN
is still set to false.
7. Visit http://www.shmoo.com/idn/ and click on one of the link;
lookup will succeed.
Actual Results: IDN lookup succeeds, even though network.enableIDN is
set to false.
Expected Results: IDN lookup should fail.
This also happens with firefox-1.0-8 from development.
Appears to be fixed in 1.0.1-1.3.1.
Will there be an errata announcement for the 1.0.1-1.3.1 update?
I mailed on Saturday. Whenever someone approves it, yes.
*** Bug 143314 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***