Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1475782
exception on attempt to open report with timelines "Operations VM Power On/Off Events for Last Week"
Last modified: 2018-03-06 10:49:27 EST
Description of problem:
The report raises exception, when I copy this report and modify its filter to show "This Week" events.
It seems this happenes because event_streams contains some event which it cannot parse/format.
The same thing happens when i try to download this report any format.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
100% but it requires same set of events
Steps to Reproduce:
0. Put attached events to event_streams
1. Go to Cloud Intel->Reports->Reports->All Reports->Events->Operations
2. Choose "Operations VM Power On/Off Events for Last Week" report and make a copy of it
3. Change title and its filter. Filter should be the same except "Management Event: Activity Sample" should be "This Week". But it depends on age of power on/off events in event_streams table for sure.
4. Click Add
5. Go to Cloud Intel->Timelines->Timelines->My Company->Custom
6. Choose just created report
CFME gets broken and shows "unexpected error encountered" view
correct timelines rendering
Created attachment 1305281 [details]
Created attachment 1305358 [details]
contents of event_streams table
Created attachment 1305361 [details]
sql inserts for event_streams data
New commit detected on ManageIQ/manageiq-ui-classic/master:
Author: Harpreet Kataria <email@example.com>
AuthorDate: Mon Aug 7 05:25:31 2017 -0400
Commit: Harpreet Kataria <firstname.lastname@example.org>
CommitDate: Mon Aug 7 07:44:34 2017 -0400
Fixed code to only set data/headers column exists in Report col headers.
lib/report_formatter/timeline.rb | 8 +++---
spec/lib/report_formater/timeline_spec.rb | 44 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
2 files changed, 48 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
*** Bug 1467333 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
verified in 188.8.131.52.20171010190026_0413a06