Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 149081
mk-images.ppc doesn't create 64-bit Mac bootable images.
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:00 EST
Eventually it'd be nice to have single CD image which is bootable on
all machines, but for now it'll suffice just to build an
Created attachment 111208 [details]
Patch to create 64-bit mac boot.iso
Thanks for the patch commited
The patch added a new file bootdisk/ppc/yaboot.conf.mac64 which you didn't 'cvs
Oops, sorry. Done.
Fedora Core 4 Test 1 shipped with this bug.
The ISO boots, but yaboot can't load the kernel as yaboot.conf is missing.
Workaround (really messy):
- from OS-X create a small (100mb?) hfs (not hfs+) partition; make a note of the
parition number (how I'm not sure :-)
- from OS-X copy the contents of the 64-bit boot iso (in particular ppc/mac64/
vmlinuz, yaboot, and ramdisk.image.gz) to that disk (at the top level)
- from OS-X copy from the 32-bit ISO the file ppc/mac/yaboot.conf to the top level
- edit the copied yaboot.conf so that paths such as:
are replaced with simpler
(or is that)
(where 2 is that partition number)
- reboot machine, during <boing> hold down <apple><option><o><f>
(don't try doing this when using a microsoft keyboard :-/)
- at the OK> prompt enter
from the OK> prompt you can actually fish for that yaboot image vis:
- continue as normal
*** Bug 151676 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***