Created attachment 1338233 [details]
datatables warning dialog
Description of problem:
After creating a compute resource, it doesn't seem to be able to properly parse the output of the API calls. The "Virtual Machines" tab looks as well broken.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Each time I go to the RHEV's compute resource page, but I haven't checked if it happens with any RHV compute resource.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. hammer compute-resource create --datacenter Default --description "RHEV on my Laptop" --locations "Default Location" --name "cr-rhev-laptop" --organizations "Default Organization" --password ADMINPWD --provider Ovirt --url https://rhev.example.com/api --user 'admin@internal'
2. Go to the Satellite UI, Infrastructure -> Compute resources
3. Click on the compute resource's name
Error message dialog: DataTables warning: table id=DataTables_Table_0 - Invalid JSON response. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/1 (see screenshot).
Additionally the page with the VMs is empty and rather malformed (e.g. no page number, see 2nd screenshot).
No error message and the VMs are properly listed (there are two of them).
RHEV version 3.6 is used here.
Created attachment 1338235 [details]
messed up VM tab
Created redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/22154 from this bug
Upstream bug assigned to firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Bug 1583243 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 1523251 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
The main bug here is: https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/22155 and it was merged upstream.
The other connected bug is about the message being unclear in the UI. That message no longer exists with the bug fixed.
I'm moving this to POST.
Verified with Sat 6.5 snap 9
It is now possible to add and edit RHEV CR using Hammer (this BZ only applied to Hammer, despite it not being mentioned here) without causing wrong Datacenter settings.
Nope. I was too quick verifying this.
1) Whenever I try to change datacenter through Hammer, it seems to set the first datacenter in the list rather than the one specified.
2) When entering a name of nonexistent datacenter, the command "succeeds", changing nothing.
No tracebacks. But I think it can be caused by the wrong logic here . What happens if something fails?
Ad 2) : Also changing to the first datacenter in the list
The new issue opened for the bug in Comment 11 (https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/25817) is now merged.
Verified with Sat 6.5 snap 19 using reproducers from OP and comment 11.
The issue is fixed and regression caused by first fix version and described in comment 11 is also fixed.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.