Description of problem:
djvulibre installs /usr/share/mime/packages/djvulibre-mime.xml
conflicting with freedesktop.org.xml so, evince is unable to open
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Install both djvulibre and evince-djvu
Try to open a djvu document; evince fails complaining about images of
type image/vnd.djvu instead of image/vnd.djvu+multipage
xdg-mime query filetype filename.djvu
confirms the misidentification
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install both evince-djvu and djvulibre
2. execute xdg-mime query filetype filename.djvu where filename.djvu is a multipage djvu file
3. the reported filetype is wrong (and if evince is used, then it complains and it does not open the file)
The file is identified as image/vnd.djvu
The file should be identified as image/vnd.djvu+multipage
Renaming /usr/share/mime/packages/djvulibre-mime.xml apparently fixes the problem.
This is related to bug 1507305 but the problem is not with gnome or evince (rather with djvulibre).
Incidentally, the problem is due to a conflict between shared-mime-info and djvulibre (evince is just the program which displayed the issue first).
I forgot to mention the relevant versions of the installed packages:
[evince-djvu is version 184.108.40.206.fc27.x86_64 but, once more, it does not seem relevant]
I will remove the XML from djvulibre because the one in shared-mime-info is correct and differentiate between DjVu Document and DjVu Image. But I will wait for decision of rpm maintainer on #1514085 because the "%transfiletriggerpostun" scriptlet is not triggered once the old package is removed and hence the MIME database is not updated.
A workaround is to add "image/vnd.djvu" to "/usr/lib64/evince/4/backends/djvudocument.evince-backend".
*** Bug 1513710 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 1507305 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
My solution was to uninstall the djvulibre package (Evince only needs djvulibre-libs), manually remove the xml files and update mime info database.
The conclusion reached in GNOME bugzilla (https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=787481) is that it was a problem in the upstream package, so I opened a ticket in sourceforge (https://sourceforge.net/p/djvu/bugs/283/).
I also added a work-around to shared-mime-info, because this still seems to be a problem in Fedora 27.
Since a fix for the bug #1514085 just got into stable I'll wait 1 week before removing the "djvulibre-mime.xml" from djvulibre so that the update is done by updated rpm and the trigger works.
I've just removed the "djvulibre-mime.xml" file from djvulibre (djvulibre-3.5.27-5.fc27). If the issue still shows up try to update "rpm" package (to at least rpm-4.14.1-1.fc27) and reinstall djvulibre after that ("dnf reinstall "djvulibre*"").
djvulibre-3.5.27-5.fc27 has been submitted as an update to Fedora 27. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2018-d964753372
djvulibre-3.5.27-5.fc27 has been pushed to the Fedora 27 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing for
instructions on how to install test updates.
You can provide feedback for this update here: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2018-d964753372
djvulibre-3.5.27-5.fc27 has been pushed to the Fedora 27 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.