Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 151418
Exiting X windows leaves unresponsive screen, green border
Last modified: 2015-01-04 17:17:56 EST
Description of problem: When exiting from X Windows under Gnome, screen blanks
except for a green border around the entire perimeter. Virtual console
switching has no effect. Machine still runs, as evidenced by working ssh.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): xorg-x11-6.8.2-10
How reproducible: Every time.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot machine into runlevel 3, login as root, startx.
2. Log out of X session under Gnome via standard "Log Out".
3. Watch screen go blank except for green border.
4. ssh into box - see that it's still running.
5. telinit 5 and watch gdm start.
6. telinit 3 and watch green bordered screen return.
Actual results: Green bordered screen
Expected results: Back to bash shell.
Additional info: Video card is a Matrox G450. system-config-display correctly
Created attachment 112099 [details]
lshal from this machine
Created attachment 112100 [details]
lspci -v from this machine
Created attachment 112101 [details]
xorg.conf on this machine
This is a dupe of 151252, no?
I strongly feel this is related to another bug I've filed. Changed component to
kernel and marked as a dupe (not strictly so, but same root cause) of #151382.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 151382 ***