Created attachment 1357259 [details]
When import fails, the import button should be accessible
Description of problem:
When the cluster import fails, the import option that has been provided, is not enabled for re-importing the cluster (after fixing the issue)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Re-importing the cluster is not enabled
Re-importing the cluster should be enabled
This is part of larger problem which is being discussed in upstream here:
Status of downstream build wrt upstream issue Tendrl/node-agent/issues/662, when
I reproduce this issue, I see that:
* ImportCluster task is shown as failed in Tasks page and Tasks Details page
(as expected, and as previously observed in upstream)
* Cluster is marked with question mark icon, with "import failed" message shown
for it, without an option to run the import again (import button is disabled)
[root@usm1-gl1 ~]# rpm -qa | grep tendrl | sort
[root@usm1-gl1 ~]# rpm -qa | grep gluster | sort
Moving component to node-agent, as ui can't show import button when the feature
is not present on purpose in the backend.
Tendrl will not allow retries for failed import. Users will need to re-install Tendrl and try import again. Although Tendrl does intend to support this use-case in a future release
More details on uninstall: https://github.com/Tendrl/documentation/wiki/Tendrl-release-v1.5.4-(install-guide)#uninstall-tendrl
* According to the specification (https://github.com/Tendrl/specifications/pull/255/files#diff-c5716c66b1f0e774bbfca74a2aa0b980R124) there should be triggered unmanage after import fails (automatically?). But there is currently triggered only Import again.
* In Import wizard is message:
`Import cluster previously failed with <job-id>. Be sure that all the issues have been corrected and the cluster has been unmanaged before proceeding.` which indicates that unmanage should be triggered by user.
* When unmanage fails the `Import` button on cluster list is inaccessible.
Is this expected behaviour?
Filip, currently its like that. If import fails, user needs to clean the errors on underlying storage nodes and then import the cluster back again.
When un-manage fails the un-manage should be allowed again for the cluster.
Created attachment 1446327 [details]
screenshot 1 (it's possible to run both import and unmanage)
Created attachment 1446328 [details]
screenshot 2 (it's possible to run both import, but with a warning)
Ack. This looks good
Performing scenario described in comment 16:
* create a problem which makes import fail
* run import
* wait for the import to fail (breaking WA repourl on one storage machine)
* checking that it's not possible to run import immediately again
* fixing the problem (introduced in the 1st step)
* run unmanage
* run import
* check that cluster is imported with success
But the unmanage failed, so I can't verify this. Will report and update
Until we can run unmanage in such easy scenario, we can't verify this BZ.
During failed verification of this BZ, I reported:
* bz 1596839
* bz 1596820
and still have to debug and either report or update BZ for the failure of
Scenario from Comment 16 works as expected. User can initiate cluster import via API after previous import failed and cluster was not unmanaged (BZ 1615418) but this BZ is about import button which is not available during that scenario. --> VERIFIED
The doc-text looks good
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.