Verified with 3.12.2-7
Followed these steps mentioned in the description.
1. Blocked port 49152 by running a program
2. Create a volume and start the volume so that brick starts listening to 49153
3. kill -9 <brick process id>
4. Released the port 49152 and waited for more than 2 minutes
5. force start the volume so that the brick now start listen to 49152.
6. Try to mount the volume
As expected mount is successful and cleanup of port is happening
Hence marking it as verified.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.