Bug 1535256 - MaxBlockDiskSize is honoured only on AddDiskCommand and not on Extend
Summary: MaxBlockDiskSize is honoured only on AddDiskCommand and not on Extend
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED ERRATA
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager
Classification: Red Hat
Component: ovirt-engine
Version: 4.1.9
Hardware: Unspecified
OS: Unspecified
unspecified
medium
Target Milestone: ovirt-4.2.2
: ---
Assignee: Benny Zlotnik
QA Contact: Avihai
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2018-01-17 00:15 UTC by Andrea Perotti
Modified: 2021-03-11 19:46 UTC (History)
15 users (show)

Fixed In Version: ovirt-engine-4.2.2
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
In the current release, MaxBlockSize is checked when extending a disk, to ensure that its size does not exceed the MaxBlockSize value.
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2018-05-15 17:47:24 UTC
oVirt Team: Storage
Target Upstream Version:


Attachments (Terms of Use)


Links
System ID Private Priority Status Summary Last Updated
Red Hat Product Errata RHEA-2018:1488 0 None None None 2018-05-15 17:48:17 UTC
oVirt gerrit 86743 0 master MERGED core, webadmin: enforce MaxBlockDiskSize when extending a disk 2020-04-21 17:58:48 UTC

Description Andrea Perotti 2018-01-17 00:15:34 UTC
Description of problem:
When creating a new disk on RHV, user is limited by the value setted in `MaxBlockDiskSize` (ref https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1402315#c1 ).

But has been tested that when extending an already existing disk, you can grow as much as you like.

If that value is set as a limit to the tests we do on the product, it should not be so easy to workaround it.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
4.19

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. create a disk of a size equal to MaxBlockDiskSize
2. once created extend the disk over the MaxBlockDiskSize

Actual results:
RHV allow you to do it

Expected results:
Even on extend, the `MaxBlockDiskSize` value is enforced

Comment 1 Allon Mureinik 2018-01-29 16:44:24 UTC
Benny, a customer encountered this bug, and the fix is a visible change. Please add some doctext explaining it.
Thanks!

Comment 2 Avihai 2018-03-06 13:03:13 UTC
Fix is not in latest downstream 4.2.2.2 -> Moved back to MODIFIED.
Please move it back to 'ON QA' when its available in latest downstream.

See gitweb link on latest downstream 4.2.2.2 commits:
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-engine.git;a=shortlog;h=bd519ad7adc2e71603d0b2a4cfa710d608b61b70

Comment 3 Allon Mureinik 2018-03-06 13:40:25 UTC
(In reply to Avihai from comment #2)
> Fix is not in latest downstream 4.2.2.2 -> Moved back to MODIFIED.
> Please move it back to 'ON QA' when its available in latest downstream.
> 
> See gitweb link on latest downstream 4.2.2.2 commits:
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-engine.git;a=shortlog;
> h=bd519ad7adc2e71603d0b2a4cfa710d608b61b70

Sure it is, it was just pushed to the next page since it's been there for so long :-)

You can verify this manually:

amureini@mureinik ~/src/git/ovirt-engine [master] $ git tag --contains fbf4c769764b30ab2957f78b99ec35cfc8f955e2
ovirt-engine-4.2.2
ovirt-engine-4.2.2.1
ovirt-engine-4.2.2.2

Comment 4 Avihai 2018-03-06 13:57:39 UTC
(In reply to Allon Mureinik from comment #3)
> (In reply to Avihai from comment #2)
> > Fix is not in latest downstream 4.2.2.2 -> Moved back to MODIFIED.
> > Please move it back to 'ON QA' when its available in latest downstream.
> > 
> > See gitweb link on latest downstream 4.2.2.2 commits:
> > https://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-engine.git;a=shortlog;
> > h=bd519ad7adc2e71603d0b2a4cfa710d608b61b70
> 
> Sure it is, it was just pushed to the next page since it's been there for so
> long :-)
> 
> You can verify this manually:
> 
> amureini@mureinik ~/src/git/ovirt-engine [master] $ git tag --contains
> fbf4c769764b30ab2957f78b99ec35cfc8f955e2
> ovirt-engine-4.2.2
> ovirt-engine-4.2.2.1
> ovirt-engine-4.2.2.2

My bad, it was indeed in the next webgit page & pushed to ovirt-engine-4.2.2.

Will check it shortly.

Comment 5 Avihai 2018-03-06 14:56:38 UTC
verified on engine 4.2.2.2

Comment 6 RHV bug bot 2018-03-16 15:02:50 UTC
INFO: Bug status (VERIFIED) wasn't changed but the folowing should be fixed:

[Tag 'ovirt-engine-4.2.2.4' doesn't contain patch 'https://gerrit.ovirt.org/86743']
gitweb: https://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-engine.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/ovirt-engine-4.2.2.4

For more info please contact: rhv-devops@redhat.com

Comment 7 Allon Mureinik 2018-03-20 16:15:29 UTC
(In reply to RHV Bugzilla Automation and Verification Bot from comment #6)
> INFO: Bug status (VERIFIED) wasn't changed but the folowing should be fixed:
> 
> [Tag 'ovirt-engine-4.2.2.4' doesn't contain patch
> 'https://gerrit.ovirt.org/86743']
> gitweb:
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-engine.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/
> ovirt-engine-4.2.2.4
> 
> For more info please contact: rhv-devops@redhat.com

It most certainly does:

amureini@mureinik ~/src/git/ovirt-engine [master] $ git tag --contains fbf4c769764b30ab2957f78b99ec35cfc8f955e2
ovirt-engine-4.2.2
ovirt-engine-4.2.2.1
ovirt-engine-4.2.2.2
ovirt-engine-4.2.2.3
ovirt-engine-4.2.2.4

Comment 8 Eyal Edri 2018-03-21 09:18:25 UTC
Thanks for reporting this, we do have known issues in the bug moving logic we're trying to resolve, this will help in debugging.

Anton,Dusan - can you investigate why this but wasn't included in the build?

Comment 12 errata-xmlrpc 2018-05-15 17:47:24 UTC
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.

For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.

If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.

https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHEA-2018:1488

Comment 13 Franta Kust 2019-05-16 13:03:56 UTC
BZ<2>Jira Resync


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.