Description of problem:
In OSP13, deployments using old style nic templates with os-apply-config are not supported anymore and the nic templates are required to use the new script-based method of running os-net-config. This poses a major issue for environments which come from an upgrade path as they have been initially deployed with the old style nic templates.
In order to overcome this issue we need an automated way to:
1. migrate existing nic templates to the new script-based method
2. update the environments to use the newly generated nic templates in order for any post-upgrade scale out operation to be able to succeed.
Plan is to:
1) Add a validation check in tools/validation_yaml.py for old style nic config and flag an error
2) Add a new conversion script that can convert the old style nic to new style and reference that in error message in #1
3) Add a note in documentation that describes new format for files (see https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1549656)
(In reply to Bob Fournier from comment #3)
> 2) Add a new conversion script that can convert the old style nic to new
> style and reference that in error message in #1
I think this already exists in the TripleO Heat Templates in the /tools/yaml-nic-config-2-script.py script that was introduced in OSP 11.
Upstream patch - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/550201/, will need to be backported to Queens.
The script is here:
And it works.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.