+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #138778 +++
Description of problem:
cursor is not in correct position when text editing with pango. Hence
there are no way for user to edit text correctly.
Seems it happens with any text with "spaces"
Steps to Reproduce:
1. LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 MOZ_ENABLE_PANGO=1 mozilla
2. go to one of the bugzilla bug
3. Type "I love monkey" enter
4. Type "cursoring and text editing has the same problem"
5. Backspace five times
- cursor is in the middle of "y"
- Backspace does not clear "oblem" character on screen but actually
it is deleted.
cursor should be at the end and should clear "oblem" correctly
Still happened in rawhide firefox 1.0.3-2. I need to cut and paste this entry
from gedit when editing this entry.
It is better compared to RHEL4. However it is very visible to use following test
in any ja_JP.UTF-8 (worse) and zh_TW.UTF-8 (more worse) for example.
it seems related to bug #129541?
This should be fixed in firefox 1.0.3-1.3.1.
I writing this in firefox-1.0.3-1.3.1.x86_64 and as I highlight
the above 888888's with the mouse, I still see the fonts changing.
However I think this is the special case reported in bug 149991.
Closing, since comment 1 is just bug 149991.