Description of problem:
Python-twisted has a hard dependency on python-crypto.
* Python-crypto hasn't been maintained in years upstream.
* Every reference to python-crypto in Twisted >= 16.0.0 is in a deprecated function.
* References to python-crypto in Twisted are lazy-load imports.
* Known callers of Twisted (python-autobahn, python-txaio) do not use the deprecated functions.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): python-twisted-16.1.1-5.el7ost
How reproducible: 100%
Steps to Reproduce:
1. yum install python-twisted
python-crypto is installed as well
python-crypto is not installed
Python-crypto has not been audited for FIPS compliance.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.