Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 157198
Winbind refuses to authenticate against Windows 2003 SP1
Last modified: 2014-08-31 19:27:32 EDT
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #154558 +++
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7.6)
Description of problem:
When authenticating against Windows 2003 SP1, there is a problem with LSAOPEN
that doesn't occur with non-SP1 systems. This is fixed in Samba 3.0.14.
Specifically, this appears to be the patch for the problem against 3.0.13...
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Setup system-config-authentication to use winbind against a 2003 server (non-sp1)
2. Check authentication. Works.
3. Upgradet 2003 server to SP1
4. Check authentication. Doesn't work.
5. Remove SP1 from 2003 server.
6. Check authentication. Works again.
Bug cloned as requested. This bug is the same as bug# 154558 (for RHEL4). This
bug is for RHEL3.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 156068 ***