Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 157265
RFE: updated version of rdesktop 1.4.1
Last modified: 2013-03-05 22:43:28 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.7) Gecko/20050414 Firefox/1.0.3
Description of problem:
Please put rdesktop 1.4.1 in FC4. Here is the announement:
The rdesktop team is proud to announce rdesktop 1.4.1. This is the latest stable release of rdesktop. It can be downloaded from:
Changes since version 1.4.0:
* persistent bitmap cache optimisations
* support for more RDP-orders (ellipse, polygon)
* libao sound-driver (for Mac OSX and others)
* Unicode support for transmitted strings/filenames
* Added korean keymap
* Xembed fixes to work with krdc correctly
* Portability fixes
* Support for RDP-compression (all bpps)
* process RDP recv queue if send queue is full (Debian bug #246461)
* SGI/Irix sound-driver fixes
For more information, visit the rdesktop web page
on behalf of the rdesktop team
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install FC4T2 or 3
Actual Results: old version installed
Expected Results: new version please
Changed product version to "Devel" and hardware to "All".
The changes to the specfile are minimal: version, release, and changelog entry.
FC5 done, any compelling reason to push a FC4 update?
The rdp compression does make rdesktop more resposive over dial up and the
persistent bmp cacheing is nice. I don't have to wait for the start menu to
redraw every time I click on it.
The only other reason I can thing of would be for wider testing for FC5.