Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 158489
weird pause before actions occur in OOo.
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:06 EST
Description of problem:
There's this weird pause I'm getting between doing some actions and the action
looking like it's happened.
I've seen this before, but I can actually pin down how to reproduce some examples.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open a OOo Writer.
2. Click File > Save As and then type in a name to save the file as.
3. Now, very carefully (I'm on a laptop so this is easy) place the mouse pointer
over the Save button and click it without moving the mouse.
4. Wait a bit. Now look at the top of the OOo window and note that the file
name isn't there yet. Move the mouse around and the window flashes and the file
5. Now, click File > Save As
6. Click Save, doing the same thing we did last time (so as not to disturb the
mouse pointer after the click.
7. Give it a moment (long enough to realize that "The file already exists.
Overwrite?" dialog should have well and truly appeared but hasn't).
8. Move that mouse pointer and the dialog appears.
9. Now, try this. Click File > Save As again.
10. Move the dialog away from the OOo Writer window (or other OOo windows).
Essentially, you wont to be sure that when you click Save, you're mouse won't be
over any OOo window.
11. Click Save and then move your mouse around staying clear of OOo windows.
Note that you haven't seen that "Overwrite file?" dialog.
12. Move the mouse pointer into the OO window and the dialog appears.
For some reason, OOo seams to be delaying some actions until the mouse (or
possibly some other use driven event) triggers the action to occur, but when no
trigger should be needed. For example, clicking Save should be enough of a
trigger (don't you think ;-]) without having to move the mouse inside a OOo
window for the save event to occur.
Yeah, there's a nasty interaction there due to
You're correct, OOo waits for the dialog to be finished. The dialog says it's
finished, but OOo isn't detecting this until someother event comes along, i.e.
wiggle the mouse a bit.
Will patch for 1.9.106-1
*** Bug 157158 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***