+++ This bug is a downstream clone. The original bug is: +++
+++ bug 1619866 +++
Description of problem:
We have a report of a customer that does not wish to use IO-Threads and after upgrade to 4.2.5 all VMs are getting randomly IO-Threads enabled.
1. Create VM with IO Threads Disabled
2. Power up the VM
3. Edit the VM, i.e. disable Memory Baloon*
4. Click OK
RESULT: IO Threads is enabled for the next-run
* Any config that triggers next-run config seems to do it. Only seem to happen if the VM is up.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
IO Threads Enabled
IO Threads Disabled
(Originally by Germano Veit Michel)
it should be the same root cause (and same fix eventually) as bug 1619474
But I would prefer to keep this bug opened to independently verify both flows
(Originally by michal.skrivanek)
Steps of verification:
1. Create a new VM with IO-Threads disabled.
2. Start the VM.
3. Change a VM property - for example disabled ballooning (confirm that the change require VM restart).
4. Check the VM configuration for next-run (IO-Threads should be disabled).
4. Restart the VM.
5. Check the VM IO-Threads.
The VM IO-Threads was disabled all along and didn't change when editing other VM property.
(Originally by Liran Rotenberg)
Same steps as in comment #7
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.