Created attachment 1498957 [details]
Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Add an ec2 provider
2. Go to Storage -> Block Storage -> Manager -> Select ebs block storage provider
3. Click on Cloud Volumes in Relationships
4. Add a volume
Not enough attributes available to fill in form.
Exception and infinispinner after selecting Add.
There is several issues under the hood:
1) when server returns error flash message, spinner arise and locks the screen
2) volume creation permissions validation fails because of empty "ems" / missing "emstype" parameter
https://github.com/ManageIQ/manageiq-ui-classic/blob/e1e703045c303cf1ecee0f3d9588b40b86256373/app/controllers/cloud_volume_controller.rb#L208 (where to see)
3) when user opens volume creation page from all volumes list, he can select "Storage Manager" from a list, and form got updated with provider-specific fields
but when he open that page from storage manager's volumes list page, that field is disabled, and form isn't amended
4) not all providers have cloud volumes - happens, when there is such provider in database
Probably related issue: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1644306
New commit detected on ManageIQ/manageiq-ui-classic/hammer:
Author: Martin Hradil <firstname.lastname@example.org>
AuthorDate: Mon Nov 26 07:59:40 2018 -0500
Commit: Martin Hradil <email@example.com>
CommitDate: Mon Nov 26 07:59:40 2018 -0500
Merge pull request #4908 from martinpovolny/cloud_volume_buttons
Cloud Volume creation fixes
(cherry picked from commit c7af6b63e77ba40a36cf5661f35c44c5767dfc55)
app/controllers/cloud_volume_controller.rb | 3 +-
app/controllers/ems_common.rb | 11 +-
app/helpers/application_helper/button/cloud_volume_backup_create.rb | 5 +-
app/helpers/application_helper/button/cloud_volume_backup_restore.rb | 5 +-
app/helpers/application_helper/button/cloud_volume_new.rb | 5 +-
app/views/cloud_volume/_common_new_edit.html.haml | 2 +-
app/views/cloud_volume/new.html.haml | 2 +-
spec/controllers/cloud_volume_controller_spec.rb | 25 +-
9 files changed, 59 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)
*** Bug 1652899 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Verified in 184.108.40.206. I can CRUD ebs volume when navigated from ec2 block storage provider relationships.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.