Description of problem:
Virt-who Configurations page on the Red Hat Satellite WebUI shows status as "No Report Yet" even with the updated hypervisors list and the working configuration.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- Red Hat Satellite-6.4.0-15.el7sat.noarch
- virt-who-0.22.5-1.el7.noarch or older version
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Configure/Deploy the virt-who using the (UI -> Infrastructure -> Virt-who configurations).
2. Check the status (UI -> Infrastructure -> Virt-who configurations)
- Timestamp is not getting updated for the working configurations.
- Timestamp should be updated for the working configurations.
I have attached the screenshot for the reference.
Can you go to Monitor -> Tasks and see what is the status for updating hypervisors? Could you provide production.log from the time report came to Satellite? Could you please double check the configuration file in /etc/virt-who.d was created using this wizard and there's no other configuration file?
I'm lowering the severity as this is informative timestamp only, it does not have effect on the reporting.
Thank you for looking after this request.
In the task field, The hypervisors are showing updated and the list is being reflected in the Content hosts. The only issue is that the status is not updated and it always stays at "No Report Yet".
The configuration files were created by virt-who configuration deployment command and there is no manual configuration present.
[root@satellite64 ~]# ls -lrt /etc/virt-who.d/
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1222 Sep 12 23:34 template.conf
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 497 Nov 15 02:41 virt-who-config-2.conf
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 529 Nov 15 02:44 virt-who-config-1.conf
I am attaching the production log.
Thanks Waldirio for the reproducer, it is important to let virt-who use the user assigned to the given configuration, we use it to detect, which configuration last run time stamp should be updated. I know there's a different bug when you have 2 or more configurations, but that hopefully resolved soon. I see both your configs now use virt_who_reporter_1, so in this case just first configuration should be updated. And I see it's not, so valid bug.
Created redmine issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/25479 from this bug
Note for devs: the task is correctly subscribed, when we try to find the config based on User.current.id in run phase, it most likely does not find anything and silently skips the touch!
*** Bug 1653430 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
What's news ?
What does it mean "POST" ?
How about this bug ?
Was It promoted or not in the production (RPMized ?) ?
OK, i don't find the corrected version in rpm for the moment, but the bug seems to be corrected.
Now, I have an rpm sat 6.4 :
Sorry for disturbing you.
(In reply to Aymeric Marchal SG from comment #18)
> OK, i don't find the corrected version in rpm for the moment, but the bug
> seems to be corrected.
> Now, I have an rpm sat 6.4 :
> Sorry for disturbing you.
I am running Satellite 6.4 and tfm-rubygem-foreman_virt_who_configure-0.2.2-1.el7sat.noarch and do not see bug corrected.
You're right Paul, sorry for the mistake.
Yes i don't watch deeply in the rpm log, i just checked the version, and i believed it was ok, but the bug is already there unhappily.
Effectively, the last correction / rpm rebuild was 15 june 2018...
[*** ~]$ rpm -qi tfm-rubygem-foreman_virt_who_configure --changelog
Name : tfm-rubygem-foreman_virt_who_configure
Version : 0.2.2
Release : 1.el7sat
Install Date: Wed 14 Nov 2018 03:38:42 PM CET
Group : Applications/Systems
Size : 18008063
License : GPLv3
Signature : RSA/SHA256, Thu 06 Sep 2018 09:53:50 PM CEST, Key ID 199e2f91fd431 d51
Source RPM : tfm-rubygem-foreman_virt_who_configure-0.2.2-1.el7sat.src.rpm
Build Date : Fri 15 Jun 2018 02:59:59 PM CEST
Build Host : x86-039.build.eng.bos.redhat.com
Relocations : (not relocatable)
Packager : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
Vendor : Red Hat, Inc.
URL : https://github.com/theforeman/foreman_virt_who_configure
Summary : A plugin to make virt-who configuration easy
A plugin to make virt-who configuration easy.
* Fri Jun 15 2018 Marek Hulan <firstname.lastname@example.org> 0.2.2-1
- Update to 0.2.2
* Wed May 30 2018 Marek Hulan <email@example.com> 0.2.1-1
- Update to 0.2.1
* Tue Apr 10 2018 Marek Hulan <firstname.lastname@example.org> 0.2.0-1
- Update to 0.2.0
* Thu Dec 28 2017 Daniel Lobato Garcia <email@example.com> 0.1.9-1
- new package built with tito
* Thu Oct 26 2017 Eric D. Helms <firstname.lastname@example.org> 0.1.8-2
- Fixes #21455 - generate apipie cache during build (email@example.com)
* Thu Oct 12 2017 Eric D. Helms <firstname.lastname@example.org> 0.1.8-1
- Update foreman_virt_who_configure to 0.1.8 (email@example.com)
* Tue Sep 26 2017 Justin Sherrill <firstname.lastname@example.org> 0.1.7-1
- Update foreman_virt_who_configure to 0.1.7 (email@example.com)
* Thu Aug 24 2017 Eric D. Helms <firstname.lastname@example.org> 0.1.5-1
- Update foreman_virt_who_configure to 0.1.5 (email@example.com)
- Update foreman_virt_who_configure to 0.1.4 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Mon Jun 26 2017 Eric D. Helms <email@example.com> 0.1.3-1
- Update foreman_virt_who_configure to 0.1.3 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Tue Jun 13 2017 Eric D. Helms <email@example.com> 0.1.2-1
- Update foreman_virt_who_configure to 0.1.2 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Fri May 26 2017 Eric D. Helms <email@example.com> 0.1.1-1
- Update foreman_virt_who_configure to 0.1.1 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Thu May 18 2017 Justin Sherrill <email@example.com> 0.1.0-1
- Update foreman_virt_who_configure to 0.1.0 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Wed May 03 2017 Justin Sherrill <email@example.com> 0.0.2-2
- Rebuild virt_who_configure for proper tagging (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Wed May 03 2017 Justin Sherrill <email@example.com> 0.0.2-1
- Update foreman_virt_who_configure to 0.0.2 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Thu Apr 06 2017 Eric D. Helms <email@example.com> 0.0.1-2
* Thu Apr 06 2017 Eric D. Helms <firstname.lastname@example.org> 0.0.1-1
- new package built with tito
And i just see that Marek indicate the version 0.3
Status: NEW → POST
Fixed In Version: rubygem-foreman_virt_who_configure 0.3.0
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.