Some issues I noticed with a RHEL8beta test install today.
I'm sorry if most of these are known and already worked on.
- Cockpit shows up in GNOME Software without screenshot
- The launch button does nothing
- Launching subscription manager brings up empty firefox
- After figuring out how to start cockpit, I get a cockpit UI in firefox, but it is less than ideal. It asks me to log in as "server user", while I am already on my desktop...
- After logging in, I get "Retrieving subscription status" which seems to last forever
Thanks for your report! But this includes several different and unrelated issues.
> Cockpit shows up in GNOME Software without screenshot
I'm fairly sure this got fixed with https://github.com/cockpit-project/cockpit/commit/5556bf8a918252536130b . I. e. will be in release 184 next Wednesday.
> The launch button does nothing
What do you mean by that?
> Launching subscription manager brings up empty firefox
This is a duplicate of bug 1651621 (and its depending bug 1651264)
> It asks me to log in as "server user", while I am already on my desktop...
This is indeed a sad user experience. The new solution that we have in above bug avoids that entirely.
> After logging in, I get "Retrieving subscription status" which seems to last forever
This is then an issue in the subscription-manager-cockpit package, i. e. should be filed against the "subscription-manager" component.
As all the other issues are handled elsewhere, I devote this report to track the missing screenshots.
This still needs an appstream-data refresh.