The 'role' key has been renamed to 'roles' to be more accurate
Created from redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/25638
Testing steps are available in the PR which introduced the change: https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/7873
Upstream bug assigned to email@example.com
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/25638 has been resolved.
*** Bug 1657943 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Step to test:
1. rpm -qa | grep candlepin to ensure candlepin-2.5.8 or higher
2. create custom product or use existing one
3. Connect to candlepin postgres db
4. Find uuid for product created in step 2:
select uuid from cp2_products where name = 'my product';
5. Add multiple roles to product:
insert into cp2_product_attributes(name, value, product_uuid) values ('roles', 'Role1, Role2, Role3', '$UUID_FROM_EARLIER');
6. Validate the API by checking the 'system_purposes' key in the response of /organizations/:id
7. Validate the UI by going to a content host in the same Org and see that your role(s) are present in the dropdown for System Purpose.
"title": "Default Organization",
"updated_at": "2019-01-15 14:40:47 UTC",
Was able to see on the UI as well.
Tested on 6.5.0 snap 11.
Marking bz as verified.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.