If you export a Content View with contents that require a large amount of disk space, you might see the `Timed out reading data from server` error message. Until https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1668544[Red Hat Bug 1668544] is resolved, use the Knowledgebase solution https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1274723[How to setup hammer API request timeout on Satellite 6] to fix this issue.
Description of problem:
Content view version having huge contents(in my case 30,000 rpms of 2 repos) gets timed out during export and exported content tar is not created in the export location.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Satellite 6.5 snap 12
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Sync repos having huge number of yum contents(in my case RHEL7 server and RHSCL7 repo)
2. Add these repos to Content View.
3. Publish and promote the CV.
4. Attempt to export the CV version.
The CV Version export with huge contents gets timed out and contents tar is not created in export location.
# hammer content-view version export --id 5 --export-dir /var/lib/pulp/katello-export/
Could not export the content view:
Error: Timed out reading data from server
# ll /var/lib/pulp/katello-export/
CV version with any number of contents should be exported to export location without any time out error.
When I try to export the CV version having just an RHSCL7 repo(10000+ contents), it exported successfully.
No error seems to be logged to production.log
The creds and the server fqdn sent through irc and email.
Can we add the w/o mentioned comment 7 in beta documentation? I am sure many customers will hit this issue.
VERIFIED Snap 25: Exported a CV with 41211 packages:
[root@sat-r220-02 ~]# hammer content-view version export --id 60 --export-dir /var/lib/pulp/katello-export/
[root@sat-r220-02 ~]# du -sh /var/lib/pulp/katello-export/
@ Satellite 6.5 snap 25
1. Export Content View version with huge contents (tried around 5000 contents)
2. Import the exported contents from another org/satellite.
1. All the Cv version contents exported successfully. (Tested in snap 24)
2. All the exported contents in tar, gets imported from another org. (because of bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1699457, tested in 25 after fix)
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.