Description of problem:
The wrapper script is no longer necessary. Let's dump it.
Tom Fitzsimmons is waging an all-out war against wrapper scripts and I've
somehow been roped into it :)
I attempted to symlink /usr/bin/eclipse to /usr/share/eclipse/eclipse but
Eclipse has internal checks for locations of necessary jars, etc. I might have
to patch around that. I'll investigate more.
It's actually something I discovered a while back but then never had
a chance to fix. It's entirely fixable in the launcher code (it is in the
CVS module platform-launcher).
Created attachment 121990 [details]
Patch to detect running from a link
Here's a patch to make the launcher realize that it's being run from a link and
resolve the link using readlink() to find the correct path. It then substitutes
the path for the launcher and also for the the startup.jar.
I'll post this on the upstream bug as well.
Created attachment 121991 [details]
Updated patch, improving indentation to conform to the style used in Eclipse
and taking out debug statements that crept in by mistake.
Closing, the patch was put in Rawhide and FC4 updates-testing
Created attachment 122140 [details]
New patch to resolve the problem found in
Not enough coffee. Above should say problem found in
Created attachment 122196 [details]
I've commented out the memory freeing from the previous patch because it was
segfaulting when the workbench was restarted from within eclipse. Will test
this out for a bit, and if it seems like this is alright, I will remove the
memory tracking altogether, because it just complicates the patch.
This fix is also in updates-testing: eclipse-platform-3.1.1-1jpp_1fc.FC4.11
Created attachment 124112 [details]
I've updated to patch to include the latest fixes but without all the memory
management stuff that was causing errors.
Created attachment 124113 [details]
Fixed the path to the file.