Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 172961
Package fixes and cleanups for dump
Last modified: 2013-07-02 19:10:56 EDT
Attached is a suggestion for changes against the 0.4b40-4 spec file :
* Fri Nov 11 2005 Matthias Saou <http://freshrpms.net/> 0.4b40-5
- Switch back to original .gz source.
- Use --with-binmode=0755 since we no longer provide setuid or setgid files.
- The above fixes the incorrect stripping of the binaries.
- Remove many unnecessary defaults.
- Add bzip2 support (dynamically linked, the same as current gzip support).
- Remove special cflags, as the default work (if any specific cflags are
required, it's best to add a comment in the spec as to why).
- Spec file cleanup.
The real important bit is the +s not being set anymore on the files in %install,
which results in the binaries being properly stripped, with the symbols going
into the debuginfo package (as it should, which wasn't the case).
Two remarks :
- I hope I wasn't wrong about the fact the none of the binaries are now
installed with +s set. It allowed for major simplification of the spec.
- You'll want to check if the removal of the extra custom cflags doesn't
break anything. I couldn't find any info as to why they were there...
Created attachment 120949 [details]
Spec file patch
I left the original OPT flags passed to make unchanged as enabling warnings
isn't bad for diagnosis and $RPM_OPT_FLAGS is mandatory for build system to set
up specific and security OPT_FLAGS. Also I left all the defaults to %configure
set as was in the original spec just to be sure they'll be set anyway when
something changes in the upstream configure. The only thing I removed was the
ugly header and put it directly to %configure. I left the bz2 tarball as it