Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 173569
Issues with making totem the default cd player
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:17 EST
Here is a list of issues Ray and I came across when we played around with adding
a separate menu entry for totem as `CD player`:
- When started as totem /dev/cdrom, totem takes a too long time to start
playing the cd which is in the drive
- Starting it as totem cdda:// starts playing much faster, but leaves the
ugly cdda:// url in the window title
- If no cd is in the drive, both methods bring up an error dialog, which
we do not want
- The "Movie" menuitem in the menubar is inappropriate when using totem
as a CD player. Can it be changed to a more neutral "File" ?
- In fullscreen mode, the controls don't vanish again after they have become
- The "Sidebar" toggle button is a bit unusual (I would almost say ugly) for
apps with togglable sidebars. Is there a specific reason that toggling it
from the menus is not enough ?
So, would we patch out the CD-playing in a) gnome-media b) sound-juicer?
Um, what about CDDB support?
*** Bug 178770 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I think we're going to switch to rhythmbox instead.
totem now doesn't even have audio CD support at all, so I'm just going to close
this. If anyone wants to edit the bug to refer to switching to rhythmbox
instead, feel free.