Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 173590
Installer hangs when look for RAMDISK / Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:17 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050716 Firefox/1.0.6
Description of problem:
Well, I have try to install FC4 on two identicals machines:
Motherboard Sis M863G (256Mb DDR RAM).
The first symptom is a white screen on the Fedora Core Logo place in bootloader (syslinux I think).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. On this hardware
2. Just try to boot in Graph (linux) or Text mode (linux text)
3. The boot stop at RAMDISK error
Actual Results: Kernel Panic
Expected Results: Go to FC Installation
to solve this problem I have to invoke a inexistent kernel at CD boot, then load a correct kernel. Example:
1. Load and Boot from FC4 CD.
2. at first prompt type: "nhaca" this genarate a error because have no "nhaca" image
3. after type: linux the boot start OK, whitout RAMDISK problem...
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 159026 ***