Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 175896
Review Request: perl-SQL-Statement - SQL parsing and processing engine
Last modified: 2008-06-12 19:52:06 EDT
Spec Name or Url:
SRPM Name or Url:
The SQL::Statement module implements a pure Perl SQL parsing and execution
engine. While it by no means implements full ANSI standard, it does support
many features including column and table aliases, built-in and user-defined
functions, implicit and explicit joins, complexly nested search conditions, and
*** Bug 177274 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
- rpmlint clean
- package and spec naming OK
- package meets guidelines
- license is GPL or Artistic, matches spec.
- spec file written in English and is legible
- sources match upstream
- package builds OK on FC4 (i386) and in mock for rawhide (i386)
- BR's OK
- no locales, libraries, pkgconfigs, or subpackages to worry about
- not relocatable
- no directory ownership or permissions issues
- no duplicate files
- %clean section present and correct
- macro usage is consistent
- code, not content
- no large docs
- docs don't affect runtime
- no desktop entry needed
- no scriptlets
Thanks. Imported and built for FC-4 and devel.
Do you want this perl module built for FC-3 ?
* the BR perl-DBD-XBase builds without problems in FC-3
(CVS branch needs to created)
* the perl-SQL-Statement BRs DBI/DBD::File in FC-3 can be problematic
if we want to improve the test suite coverage: the FC-3 DBI version
doesn't include the DBD::File module (it needs to be packaged separately).
More recent DBI versions include the DBD::File module but it also
continues to have its own tarball in CPAN.
Its up to you. 99% of the perl modules I maintain are for perl-Maypole, and that
won't build on FC-3 due to Apache restrictions. I've been building everything
that works without pain on FC-3 as a convenience to other maintainers.
In that case I will skip building them for FC-3.
I am only packaging these modules because they are BR of perl-Log-Log4perl
which I am only targeting for Fedora >= 4.
*** Bug 447900 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Package Change Request
Package Name: perl-SQL-Statement
New Branches: EL-5
Updated EPEL Owners: kanarip
Setting flags properly so this doesn't show up in the review ticket queue.
Note that there's no reason to open tickets just to request CVS; we only check
the status of the flag.