Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 176525
Review Request: python-setuptools: Download, build, install, upgrade, and uninstall Python packages
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:19 EST
Spec Name or Url: http://fedora.ivazquez.net/files/extras/python-setuptools.spec
SRPM Name or Url: http://fedora.ivazquez.net/files/extras/python-setuptools-0.6a8-1.src.rpm
Description: setuptools is a collection of enhancements to the Python distutils that allow you to more easily build and distribute Python packages, especially ones that have dependencies on other packages.
W: python-setuptools invalid-license PSFL/ZPL
E: python-setuptools zero-length /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools-0.6a8-py2.4.egg/EGG-INFO/not-zip-safe
I'm reluctant to touch the second issue seeing as I have no clue how eggs work.
- rpmlint matches the above
* licenses: both are OK
* not-zip-safe: the code uses existence of the file as a flag, so it should
- package name, spec file name OK
- conforms to PackagingGuidelines
- license text not included in package
- source matches upstream
- builds fine on i386 fc4, "import setuptools" works
- no forbidden BuildRequires
- owns all necessary directories
Built on FC-4 and devel.
Please create EPEL branches:
Branches: EL4 EL5