From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Description of problem:
Workstation graphical install on compaq presario 5184 with default package selection. It told me to insert a floppy and create a bug report on anaconda.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start with FAT32 partition on hard drive
2. Insert FC4 CD and boot
3. Tell install to remove all partitions on selected hard drive and use its own auto-partition
4. use default package selection
5. press "Next" to install
Actual Results: 1. Warning about not being able to write to /dev/hda2
2. Then a sort of hda2 "panic" screen with a lot of things I don't understand
3. Said I should file a bugzilla report on anaconda
4. asked for a floppy disk and did a dump
5. press OK to reboot
Expected Results: Should have formatted and partitioned the hard drive
The whole process worked the second time around. Something with the WIN98SE FAT32 partition?
Created attachment 122901 [details]
dump from anaconda /dev/hda2 problem
This is the dump anaconda created on the floppy disk.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 160693 ***