I'm unable to install BackupPC:
Problem: conflicting requests
- nothing provides par2cmdline needed by BackupPC-4.3.1-2.el8.x86_64
- nothing provides perl(Net::FTP::AutoReconnect) needed by BackupPC-4.3.1-2.el8.x86_64
- nothing provides perl(Net::FTP::RetrHandle) needed by BackupPC-4.3.1-2.el8.x86_64
- nothing provides perl(XML::RSS) needed by BackupPC-4.3.1-2.el8.x86_64
I was able to compile these packages from EPEL7, except for last one.
EPEL 8 is still very much a work in progress. As you've noted there's still some dependencies that have not made it in. I would recommend that you file a bug for each one to request an EPEL 8 package be supported. I may do so when I have time but I'm fighting much bigger issues with Python 2 being removed from Fedora and the current disaster that if FreeCAD on Fedora.
perl-xml-rss is in testing.
It looks like all the dependencies should now be available. Can to try to install now and report back if you are successful?
Sorry for delay.
Looks different now:
Problem: package BackupPC-4.3.1-3.el8.x86_64 requires perl(XML::RSS), but none of the providers can be installed
- conflicting requests
- nothing provides perl(DateTime::Format::Mail) needed by perl-XML-RSS-1.61-1.el8.noarch
Looks like you need to install the PowerTools repo as well per:
Now it indeed works. Thank you!
Can you let me know when you've successfully setup the server and completed some backups? I don't want to close the bug until we've verified basic functionality.
Assuming no news is good news. Closing.
Yes. Sorry for such long delay. For last week or so everything was working just fine, so i think it's all good. Thank you.
Thanks for the report! I hope it's working well. Since EL doesn't support upgrading I've been hesitant to reinstall my CentOS 7 server with 8 but I will soon purchase a new server (well new to me off Ebay) to do a fresh install so I can make sure all the services I care about work before decommissioning the EL 7 server.