+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #1783163 +++
Description of problem:
Normal user don't have the ability to view Samples, Snippets tab in YAML sidebar
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. cluster admin user create ConsoleYAMLSample instances
$ oc create -f https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openshift-qe/v3-testfiles/master/customresource/console-yaml-sample.yaml
2. normal user login to console, goes to Workloads -> Jobs page -> Create Jobs
3. YAML sidebar only have Schema, no Samples tab
3. No Samples tab for normal user and it reports forbidden error
GET https://<console_route>/api/kubernetes/apis/console.openshift.io/v1/consoleyamlsamples?limit=250 403 (Forbidden)
3. Normal user should have the ability to view Samples
--- Additional comment from Stephen Cuppett on 2019-12-20 02:47:29 CST ---
Moving this to our active development branch (4.4.0) for Target. Fixes, if any, which require backporting to earlier releases will result in cloned BZs for those releases.
Follow the exact steps in 'Steps to reproduce' now normal user can view Samples/Snippets sidebar
Verified on 4.3.0-0.nightly-2020-02-05-220314
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.