Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 178857
Bad: Installer Hangs
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:21 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5
Description of problem:
The URL I posted is one I found of someone with exactly the same problem.
Basically, trying to install FC4 on a Dell PowerEdge SC420 has a problem.
The X server locks up every time you install.
I installed in Text mode and the installation went fine. All disks installed.
HOWEVER when it then tried to run X server it locked up again.
1) Installing FC4 in graphical mode locks up almost right away
2) Installing FC4 in text mode installs OK but then it still locks up later on
when it tries to run X stuff.
A funny thing: when I test the disk it fails; however testing it on a different
machine (such as a Dimension) the disk passes.
I downloaded the most recent version of FC4 from the official web site.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Try to install FC4 on a Power Edge
2. Install with graphical mode, locks up very quickly
3. Install with text mode locks up, much later but still does.
Actual Results: It is necessary to reboot
Expected Results: x server should have come up.
show another user with the same probelm. I tried to contact that user
but the mail failed.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 178852 ***