Created attachment 1655846 [details]
Description of problem:
It's noticed when looking at "Events" from Custom Resources, they only show up when "Resource" dropdown is set as "All Resources" on the "Events" view.
If change "Resource" dropdown to filter that Custom Resource only, you can only get an empty event list.
Please see the attached screenshots for reference:
* "*Events*" view - "*All Resources*"
--> You can see Events from “AppsodyApplication” CR
* "*Events*" view - filter by "*AppsodyApplication*" CR
--> "No matching events"
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
OCP 4.3 and 4.4
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a Custom Resource
2. Go to "Events" page - with "Resource" dropdown set as "All Types"
--> make sure see the Events from the Custom Resource
3. Change "Resource" dropdown as that particular Custom Resource
--> empty event list
Empty event list.
Events filtered by selected CR.
Created attachment 1655847 [details]
Ported from JIRA:
1. cluster admin installs 'etcd Operator' into one namespace
2. Wait until operator is successfully subscribed
$ oc get csv -n testuser5-1
NAME DISPLAY VERSION REPLACES PHASE
akka-cluster-operator-certified.v0.2.0 Akka Cluster Operator 0.2.0 Succeeded
etcdoperator.v0.9.4 etcd 0.9.4 Succeeded
3. Create Custom Resource 'EtcdCluster' from Operator Hub
4. Check Custom Resource events via CLI
$ oc describe etcdcluster example -n testuser5-1
API Version: etcd.database.coreos.com/v1beta2
Creation Timestamp: 2020-02-03T07:59:27Z
Type Reason Age From Message
---- ------ ---- ---- -------
Normal New Member Added 104s etcd-operator-7c74855bbf-nrvm2 New member example-5s5ccw4pgp added to cluster
Normal New Member Added 72s etcd-operator-7c74855bbf-nrvm2 New member example-rk89d8xqbx added to cluster
Normal New Member Added 32s etcd-operator-7c74855bbf-nrvm2 New member example-xp6bj75nzq added to cluster
5. Check at Events page Home -> Events, in Resource dropdown select 'EtcdCluster' it will show the same events as we get from CLI
I didn't get Custom Resource 'AppsodyApplication' successfully created so verified the fix on 'etcd' operator
Let me know if it's wrong. Verified on 4.4.0-0.nightly-2020-02-02-201619
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.
*** Bug 1786325 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***