So some recent customer pain with overriding the samples registry and dealing with the anomaly that is the jenkins images coming from the install payload,
Ben and I had a revisit of things in https://coreos.slack.com/archives/CE2HALN2W/p1586375746247600
- in 4.1, we used to prevent override of the jenkins imagestreams, cause we only supported those images when the come from the payload
- in 4.2 with disconnected, we did not yet have imagstream import by sha, so we had to allow jenkins imagestream override, and did so as part of https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1744071 via https://github.com/openshift/cluster-samples-operator/pull/177/files
- we got imagestream import by sha in 4.3 ... which means we no longer need the changes from https://github.com/openshift/cluster-samples-operator/pull/177/files to get disconnected / mirroring to work
- however, in various customer engagements since 4.2, there has been confusion over the fact that registry override did not work in cases where customers mirrored jenkins images from quay.io or registry.redhat.io, since the reposistory and image names don't match
- in fact, we've updated docs around that
To summarize where Ben and I landed, we are going to revert https://github.com/openshift/cluster-samples-operator/pull/177/files with this bug
jenkins,jenkins-agent-maven,jenkins-agent-nodejs imagestreams don't be overrided after setting samplesRegistry in 4.5.0-0.nightly-2020-04-09-192237 cluster
@XiuJuan - can you do a basic disconnected run, where the install payload is mirrored, and we see the jenkins imagestream properly imported?
Jenkins imagestreams could be imported successfully from payload in the disconnect cluster, and don't be overrided by samplesRegistry.
FYI, https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1787112 & https://issues.redhat.com/browse/DEVEXP-483
Thanks for confirming @XiuJuan
And also thanks for the reminder on the Jira story. I'll ask there about closing that one out.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.