Description of problem:
Encountering 'Observed a panic' error messages in the logs of CoreDns pods.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- RHOCP v4.4.9
- CoreDNS version 1.6.6
- The scenario is observed in CU's environment momentarily.
- Not sure whether it could be reproduced or not.
Encountering 'Observed a panic: "invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference" (runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference)' messages in the logs of some CoreDNS pods, without any liveness/readiness failure, leading to DNS failures in the cluster.
- This bug has been reported in the upstream: https://github.com/coredns/coredns/issues/4022
- And the fix is available for CoreDNS v1.7.0: https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3887
- Would it possible to backport it to CoreDNS v1.6.6?
verified with 4.6.0-0.nightly-2020-08-17-150352 and no issue/panic during the regression test.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 GA Images), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.