0. Install 4.5 nightly (4.5.0-0.nightly-2020-09-12-013926)
1. Disabled csi-snapshot-controller-operator, and csi-snapshot-controller.
2. Delete the v1beta1 VolumeSnapshot* CRDs.
3. Install the v1alpha1 VolumeSnapshot* CRDs.
4. CVO message:
message: 'Cluster operator storage cannot be upgraded between minor versions: Unable to update cluster as v1alpha1 version of volumesnapshots.snapshot.storage.k8s.io, volumesnapshotclasses.snapshot.storage.k8s.io, volumesnapshotcontents.snapshot.storage.k8s.iois detected. Remove these CRDs to allow the upgrade to proceed.'
5. Upgrade to another 4.5 nightly (4.5.0-0.nightly-2020-09-14-030924)
6. Upgrade is triggered, most co are upgraded to target release, only few co (csi-snapshot-controller/dns/machine-config/network) did not, the CVO report the message
message: 'Unable to apply 4.5.0-0.nightly-2020-09-14-030924: the cluster operator csi-snapshot-controller has not yet successfully rolled out'
I think for storage operator, it doesn't not prevent upgrade when going Upgradeable=False on v1alpha1 CRDs, so marked it as VERIFIED.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (OpenShift Container Platform 4.5.11 bug fix update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.