1. Proposed title of this feature request
[RFE] 'Host - Applied Errata' reporting template does not consider CVEs/Erratas fixed from cloud.redhat.com.
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Satellite UI -> Monitor -> Report Templates -> Host - Applied Errata
This report does not consider cloud connector data while generating the report.
Fix any CVE or Errata with the help of cloud connector plugin and try to generate 'Host - Applied Errata' report. It does not include that data in the report. (https://www.redhat.com/en/about/videos/setup-and-use-cloud-connector-integrate-insights-satellite)
date hostname erratum_id erratum_type status last_reboot_time
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
This would help customers to generate the necessary reports for auditing or take necessary actions to fix the vulnerabilities in the environment.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Host - Applied Errata report template should consider the cloud connector data.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5,
Satellite 6.8 GA or 6.8.1
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Bug 1884291 - [RFE] Include CVE information in 'Host - Applied Errata' reporting template.
Are you talking about the use case where one creates a remediation plabyook in Vulnerability (cloud.redhat.com) and exectutes that through Satellite? In such case, Satellite does not really see into the executed playbook and can't easily tell, what erratas have been fixed. Perhaps cloud.redhat.com could send that information as some metadata, otherwise we'd need to be parsing the playbook.
Thanks Sean. Yes, I will take a closer look at this.
Amar, as Sean mentioned, we do have a use case in our backlog that may address this. Could you please schedule a call to further discuss so that I can understand this use case in more detail?