Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 191622
Review Request: perl-Expect - Expect for Perl
Last modified: 2010-03-17 14:01:25 EDT
The Perl Expect module was inspired more by the functionality of
Tcl/Expect than any previous Expect-like tool such as Comm.pl or
That description is really suboptimal. How about something like this, partially
stolen from the original Expect description:
This module provides Expect-like functionality to Perl. Expect is a tool for
automating interactive applications such as telnet, ftp, passwd, fsck, rlogin,
* package meets naming and packaging guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible. It's not included separately in the
package, but this is not necessary as the upstream tarball does not include it.
* source files match upstream:
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane.
* no shared libraries are present.
* package is not relocatable.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* %check is present and all tests pass:
Passed 36 of 36 tests.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no libtool .la droppings.
* not a GUI app.
APPROVED, but please fix the description before checking in.
(In reply to comment #1)
> That description is really suboptimal. How about something like this, partially
> stolen from the original Expect description:
> This module provides Expect-like functionality to Perl. Expect is a tool for
> automating interactive applications such as telnet, ftp, passwd, fsck, rlogin,
> tip, etc.
Importing the new SRPM (updated specfile in same location)
Thanks for the review.
Imported and built for FC-5 and devel.
Package Change Request
Package Name: perl-Expect
New Branches: EL-5
16:06 < tremble> cweyl: Any chance of perl-Expect for EPEL ?
16:07 < cweyl> tremble: probably not from me :) If you want to branch and own the EPEL bits, I'm ok with that