Created attachment 1770411 [details]
notice 'sdc' and disks-tab twice
Description of problem (please be detailed as possible and provide log
In the UI, the disk details are wrong.
Also, notice "disks" tab is appearing twice.
Does this issue impact your ability to continue to work with the product
Rate from 1 - 5 the complexity of the scenario you performed that caused this
bug (1 - very simple, 5 - very complex)?
Can this issue reproducible?
Can this issue reproduce from the UI?
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Install OCP4 cluster
In the WebConsole > Nodes > <one-node> > Disks
we see disk label "sdc", that doesnt exists on actual node
(guessing this is bcoz of initial pre-cluster install discovery)
2) disks tab is painted twice (attached image)
UI should match to actual deployed nodes part of the cluster
Please find attached two images, one from web-console where you see 'sdc' and other from oc debug <node>, lsblk (there is no sbc)
Acutal Node details, there-is-no sdc
[root@bastion-centos racadm]# oc debug node/worker1.ocp-tigertelco.example.com
Starting pod/worker1ocp-tigertelcoexamplecom-debug ...
To use host binaries, run `chroot /host`
Pod IP: 192.168.116.105
If you don't see a command prompt, try pressing enter.
sh-4.4# chroot /host
NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda 8:0 0 447.1G 0 disk
|-sda1 8:1 0 1M 0 part
|-sda2 8:2 0 127M 0 part
|-sda3 8:3 0 384M 0 part /boot
`-sda4 8:4 0 446.6G 0 part /sysroot
sdb 8:16 0 447.1G 0 disk
sr0 11:0 1 1024M 0 rom
Created attachment 1770412 [details]
disk details on the node
also add what disks are displayed under `Status.DiscoveredDisks` in `kubectl get localvolumediscoveryresults.local.storage.openshift.io discovery-result-<node_name> -o yaml`
also, was `sdc` removed from the node recently ?
nope, nothing changed on physical node.
I tried to reproduce this. OCP version-4.7.5
tried attaching multiple disks(EBS Volumes) to one node simultaneously, to know if the multiple disk tabs get created as a result of multiple discoveries happening at a time. However, it's not the case. I could see, just a single disk tab getting updated adding the new disks.
Moving it to 4.8 as this is still under discussion.
I tried it again, good thing is the duplicate "disks-tab" I did not see.
The system picking wrong disks "sbc" is still there. will attach images for reference
Created attachment 1771713 [details]
cloud console node discovery details
you will notice sbc, this is in cloud.redhat.com/cluster/assisted-installer/<cluster>, discovered node details.
Created attachment 1771714 [details]
physical node lsblk there is no "sbc"
Santosh, can you please take a look?
(In reply to Santosh Pillai from comment #4)
> also add what disks are displayed under `Status.DiscoveredDisks` in `kubectl
> get localvolumediscoveryresults.local.storage.openshift.io
> discovery-result-<node_name> -o yaml`
@firstname.lastname@example.org can you please provide the above details. Web Console is reading the disk information from `localvolumediscoveryresults` CR on the node. `localvolumediscoveryresults` just reads the lsblk output on the disks.
I need to check if `sdc` is present in the `localvolumediscoveryresults` CR or not.
My collegue kaspar's tried the deployment.. to my surprise we got the "disks disks" thing back.
PFA screen shot to the bug1.png so this definitely is buggy behaviour.
Also, attached are the disks mis-match (bug2.png, bug3.png) and discoveryresulsts-yaml.
Created attachment 1776239 [details]
multiple "disks" in the web-console
Created attachment 1776240 [details]
non existing disk "sdc"
Created attachment 1776241 [details]
lsblk there is no 'sdc'
Created attachment 1776242 [details]
(In reply to venu from comment #22)
> Created attachment 1776242 [details]
> discovery details
Thanks for sharing this. The discovery results are showing the correct disks mentioned in the lsblk output in comment #21. So we have correct sets of disks displayed in the discovery results CR. But UI is showing different disks. Other than showing /sdc which is not there, UI also has wrong details about other disks. For example, wrong size and model is displayed for /sdb.
@email@example.com Jiri, can we hide the Disks tab added by BMO if LSO is installed and showing the same details?
Did you see this when installing using the Assisted Installer on bare metal systems?
If yes,is this seen only when using the Assisted Installer?
Do you have a setup displaying this issue that I can look at?
> Did you see this when installing using the Assisted Installer on bare metal systems?
> If yes,is this seen only when using the Assisted Installer?
> Do you have a setup displaying this issue that I can look at?
Lab is repurposed, may take at least another week to get access.
Adding Jiri Tomasek to the BZ for more input.
Provider: BareMetal IPI
OCP Version: 4.8.0-rc.1
OCS Version: ocs-operator.v4.7.2
LSO Version: 4.7.0-202106090743
All relevant disks are included in the DISK TAB
[root@rhocs-bm1 /]# lsblk
NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
loop0 7:0 0 1.5T 0 loop
loop1 7:1 0 1.5T 0 loop
loop2 7:2 0 1.5T 0 loop
sdb 8:16 0 893.8G 0 disk
├─sdb1 8:17 0 1M 0 part
├─sdb2 8:18 0 127M 0 part
├─sdb3 8:19 0 384M 0 part /host/boot
└─sdb4 8:20 0 893.3G 0 part /host/sysroot
sr0 11:0 1 100.9M 0 rom
nvme0n1 259:0 0 1.5T 0 disk
nvme1n1 259:1 0 1.5T 0 disk
nvme2n1 259:2 0 1.5T 0 disk
**Attached screenshot- bm_ipi_disk_page
*** Bug 1953192 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Moderate: OpenShift Container Platform 4.8.2 bug fix and security update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.