Description of problem
Tech preview badge is not used in consistent way:
- arbiter stretch cluster (see KNIP-1316) doesn't have tech preview badge
- storage class encryption (see KNIP-1543) has the tech preview badge
This could increase customer confustion about state of particular optional
Version-Release number of selected component
Steps to Reproduce
1. Deploy OCP cluster
2. Install OCS and LSO operators
3. Use "Create Storage Cluster" wizard in OCP Console to start setup of Storage
Cluster in "Internal - Attached devices" mode.
4. Go through the wizard as usual, creating local volume set from devices on
all worker nodes and during "Storage and Nodes" step, check "Enable arbiter"
option (screenshot 1)
5. During "Configure" step, click on "Enable encryption" and see "Storage class
encryption" option (screenshot 2).
Feature from step #4 (arbiter) is not marked as tech preview, while the feature
from step #5 ("storage class encryption") is.
Either all OCS tech preview features should be flagged with "tech preview"
badge, or the tech preview badge should not be used for OCS features.
Until I accidentally run into the tech preview badge for "storage class
encryption", I wasn't aware that such badge exists and that we use it for
some OCS features.
Created attachment 1775653 [details]
screenshot #1: artiber feature without the badge
Created attachment 1775654 [details]
screenshot #2: storage class encryption feature with the badge
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Moderate: OpenShift Container Platform 4.8.2 bug fix and security update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.