Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 200290
compiz is not integrated into GNOME's keyboard shortcuts
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:38 EST
1. Launch the keyboard shortcuts capplet
2. Change the "screenshot" shortcut to something like "Alt+F7"
3. Press "Alt+F7"
4. Funny things happens
compiz uses /apps/compiz/general/allscreens/options/run_command_screenshot to
set which key should be pressed, whereas the control-center changes
There's also no way to set shortcuts for things like "Switch to workspace to the
- All the actions in compiz should be set to the same defaults as metacity
- All the actions that are not possible with metacity (like the Ctrl+Alt+Left
click to move the "cube") should be disabled by default
- All the actions that duplicate other GNOME software should be disabled (like
the screenshot shortcut that's taken care of by the gnome-panel)
- Actions that make sense should be available in gnome-keybindings-properties,
in just the same way metacity is integrated
Moving all the compiz bugs to rawhide
control-center-2.16.0-6.fc6 will support more keybindings when compiz is running.
I think this bug can be considered fixed with this update - most useful stuff
should now be available in the keybindings applet when compiz is running.
*** Bug 201632 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***