Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 207448
Installer expects a ipv6 address as a must, when using the static ip address
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:43 EST
Description of problem:
Anaconda is expecting both IPV4 and IPV6 addresses irrespective of the check box
Even if i disable the IPV6 checkbox and tried to proceed with the static IPV4
address, its asking me to enter the static IPV6 address.
I think the connection between the 'check box' and the 'text box which takes
input' has to be checked in the code.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start the Installation of Fedora Core 6 Test 3
2. In the Networking section, use the Static IP Address mechanism
3. Uncheck the IPV6 check-box.
4. Click on next after you are done with IPV4 address / mask.
5. Installer raises a popup asking to enter the IPV6 address, even if the 'text
fields' for IPV6 are disabled.
Installer is not allowing me to proceed without the static IPV6 address
Installer should take only IPV4 address, if the IPV4 address is checked.
Take only IPV6 address, if IPV6 address is checked.
If none are checked. Raise a popup asking to user to skip the networking section.
Related Bug : #206588 , I tried to enter some garbage for IPV6 address and the
installer aborted with a backtrace. The above bug has more details.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 206148 ***