Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 214615
dependencies error with pirut
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:48 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; fr; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20061027 Fedora/126.96.36.199-8.fc6 Firefox/188.8.131.52
Description of problem:
When I cancel install of packages and then install again, necessary dependencies are not installed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Choose to install one package that has dependencies. For example xchat-gnome that needs libsexy and enchant.
2. Apply. Pirut will display chosen packages. Apply.
3. Pirut will now calculate dependencies. It will show a popup window with the 2 packages that are required (libsexy and enchant).
4. This time, you just remembered that you wanted to install one more package, so CANCEL !
5. You are now in the first window, where you can choose the packages to install. Do not choose a new package and apply again.
6. This time, pirut will not display the popup window with the calculated dependencies, and worse, it will install the selected package (xchat-gnome here) without its dependecies.
7. Verify with "rpm -q enchant libsexy xchat-gnome" and you will see that the 2 first are not installed but the last is, which is bad because it requires the 2 others.
xchat-gnome (or any other package you chose to install) doesn't work because it is missing dependencies
xchat-gnome should be installed with dependencies and working
In step 5, if you choose to had a new package, dependencies for this new package are calculated, but not those for the first one. The new package is installed with full dependencies and works fine. The same bad result is obtained with xchat-gnome (or any package you chose first)
This applies for every package you would like to install, not only for xchat-gnome (I tried with others)
Can you try with pirut-1.2.7 in updates-testing?
I operated exactly the same way.
Here is what I get :
[mathieu@bochecha ~]$ rpm -q pirut xchat-gnome libsexy enchant
le paquetage libsexy n'est pas installé
le paquetage enchant n'est pas installé
Of course :
Package Arch Version Repository Size
xchat-gnome i386 0.15-1.fc6 extras 1.9 M
Installing for dependencies:
enchant i386 1:1.3.0-1.fc6 extras 128 k
libsexy i386 0.1.10-1.fc6 extras 42 k
So it is the same thing with this new version of pirut... :-?
Aha, that's because this is the bug that I fixed post 1.2.7 and haven't built
1.2.8 for yet :-)
Will be fixed in 1.2.8
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 213421 ***
I don't see how it is the same bug but if you say so...
Sorry for the duplicate :)
Fixed with 1.2.8