Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 216086
In GA remove Installation Numbers from release notes.
Last modified: 2012-05-19 19:40:34 EDT
For GA we do not want example Installation Numbers in the release notes, so they
need to be removed after the beta testing is over.
acknowledged. come next release we will remove example Installation Numbers in
the Release Notes.
Daniel: removed the following <quote> from release notes. i have one concern,
though: where are users supposed to get their "Installation Numbers" now? the
release notes make mention of it, but it doesn't say now what INs they can use.
it wasn't a concern before since users could have used any of the <quote>d
Default numbers that can be used are:
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux (Server ): 31cfdaf1358c25da
* (x86;x86_64;ia64;s390) Red Hat Enterprise Linux (Server + Virtualization):
* (x86;x86_64;ia64;s390) Red Hat Enterprise Linux Virtualization Platform:
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop: 660266e267419c67
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop / Virtualization Option: fed67649ff918c77
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop / Workstation Option: da3122afdb7edd23
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop / Workstation / Virtualization Option:
please advise. thanks!
*** Bug 219881 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I suspect this is a moot point now since the release notes are frozen. Closing
this out, as the default registration numbers have indeed been removed from the
release notes in the 0105.0 trees.