Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 221794
m17n-db needs to be rebased against m17n-contrib
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:52 EST
Description of problem:
m17n-db needs to be updated to version 1.3.4 and the Indic maps need
to be rebased off m17n-contrib-1.1.1.
This should be done before Test1 of the next release.
m17n-db-1.3.3 rebased to m17n-db-1.3.4 in m17n-db-1.3.4-1.fc7
Package up for testing.
What can be tested
- All respective keymaps should be appearing in the scim menu
- All keymaps should be working
- si-wijesekera keymap should be named as "si-wijesekera" and not
"si-wijesekera-preedit" in scim
- key summary should be present in si-wijesekera
ChangeLogs (straight from m17n-db.spec)
- Resolves: Bug 221794 - Rebased to new release m17n-db-1.3.4
- Removed patch: si-wijesekera_surrounding_to_preedit.patch
- Added directive to delete si-wijesekera from the upstream tarball as it used
- Commented directive to copy bopo-kbd.mim
- Commented directive using variable.mim and command.mim - added global.mim in
place of them
- Added sections for new Uyghur.
- Added copy directive for Mizuochi (grc-*) keymap for classical greek
- Added directives to install translations for japanese translations.
- Added patch to rename si-wijesekera-preedit to si-wijesekera and add key
summary as Patch2
Thanks. We should also rebase m17n-db-indic off m17n-contrib-1.1.1 too.
Does your comment 2 means that we should include the keymaps in contrib (which
were submitted by other community members) in our m17n-db?
No, I am referring to:
User email@example.com's account has been closed
reassigning to Parag, the new package owner
(In reply to comment #2)
> Thanks. We should also rebase m17n-db-indic off m17n-contrib-1.1.1 too.
What does this mean? we are not using upstream tarball m17n-contrib-1.1.1 right?
(In reply to comment #7)
> we are not using upstream tarball m17n-contrib-1.1.1 right?
Correct, as you can see for yourself.
I recommend waiting for m17n-contrib-1.1.2 before doing this since it
contains a lot of our fixes and new maps. But it would be good if
you can check which of our latest packages have not been moved upstream
yet. There has been some discussion of that on the m17n-lib list recently
as I tried to help with that.
Alternatively if upstream is slow to release we can also just
take a cvs snapshot for m17n-contrib in the meantime, but they
are actually still waiting for some fixes from us I think before releasing.
latest builds of m17n-db and m17n-contrib are available in rawhide now.