Fedora Merge Review: libICE
Initial Owner: email@example.com
libICE.i386: E: zero-length /usr/share/doc/libICE-1.0.4/README
libICE.src:68: E: files-attr-not-set
libICE.src:69: E: files-attr-not-set
libICE.src:70: E: files-attr-not-set
libICE.src:72: E: files-attr-not-set
libICE.src:74: E: files-attr-not-set
libICE.src:75: E: files-attr-not-set
-> Add %defattr(-,root,root,-) to %files devel and kill the empty file or
solve it somehow.
Adam, are you now the maintainer of the package?
Fixed in 1.0.4-5.
So rpmlint is just:
libICE.x86_64: W: shared-lib-calls-exit /usr/lib64/libICE.so.6.3.0
libICE-devel.x86_64: W: no-documentation
Neither of those is really a problem, although there's probably a bug in the first one.
I made some tweaks in CVS:
- Minor changes to
- Don't own /usr/include/X11
- No need for a versioned dependency on xorg-x11-filesystem.
- Change xorg-x11-filesystem to a regular dependency.
Honestly I'm not sure why the -devel package had
since it has no scriptlets. I hope I'm not missing something.
* source files match upstream. sha256sum:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text included in package.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
* package installs properly.
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint has acceptable complaints.
* final provides and requires are sane:
libICE = 1.0.4-6.fc11
libICE(x86-64) = 1.0.4-6.fc11
pkgconfig(ice) = 1.0.4
libICE-devel = 1.0.4-6.fc11
libICE-devel(x86-64) = 1.0.4-6.fc11
libICE = 1.0.4-6.fc11
* a shared library is present:
ldconfig is called properly
unversioned .so link is in the -devel package.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no generically named files
* scriptlets are OK (ldconfig).
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -doc subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* headers are in the -devel package.
* pkgconfig file is in the -devel package.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la files.
APPROVED, and closed.